More Than 35 Years of Family Law Experience
Family law matters can be emotionally challenging and sometimes overwhelming. The outcome of a divorce or paternity action will impact your life for years to come.
If you are facing a divorce or other type of family law matter, having an experienced family law attorney representing your interests can help you obtain the resolution you want.
Board-Certified Marital And Family Law Attorney
I am Julie Glocker Pierce. For more than 35 years, I have provided my clients with effective family law representation. I have been board-certified by The Florida Bar in marital and family law since 1995. I am currently the only board-certified practicing family law attorney located in Brevard County.
I believe in keeping the family in family law as much as possible. I focus on creating solutions that help people to move on with their lives with as little drama and conflict as possible. When children are involved, minimizing conflict and ensuring the best interests of the children are vital goals. If a fight cannot be avoided, I have years of trial experience, effectively presenting family cases to judges in a manner to yield positive results for my clients.
I offer my assistance to those facing a wide variety of types of family law matters, including:
- Divorce – A skilled family law attorney can help ensure that your divorce is not just the end of your marriage, but that it helps positively situate you for the next part of your life.
- Child custody (time sharing) – When a question as important as child custody (time sharing) is being determined, you need to make sure your voice is being heard.
- Property division – Marriages can accumulate significant assets. You deserve to leave with your fair share of what you helped build. I can help ensure that the property division is focused on your needs and goals.
- Spousal support (alimony) – Spousal support is very fact-specific. Judges are required to support any award or denial of spousal support by written findings of fact. We work hard to establish the facts that support your point of view.
- Child support – Securing proper levels of child support can help ensure that you are not being given an unfair portion of the financial responsibilities of raising your child.
- Modification – Over time things change. An award of alimony may no longer be practical, a supportive relationship may have begun or the time-sharing arrangement is no longer working. Divorce decrees are not always written in stone; with the right evidence they can change.
- Relocation – In Florida, a parent may not relocate with a minor child without the agreement of the other party or a court order. Sometimes, decisions regarding relocation must be made very quickly. We provide prompt action to initiate or challenge relocation petitions.
- Adoption – I am happy to assist with stepparent adoptions and other types of adoptions. Helping a family grow or secure legal recognition for the bonds that are already there is something I am very happy to contribute to.
- Paternity – When there are questions regarding paternity, mothers, fathers and their children benefit from settling the issues of time-sharing, parental decision-making and child support. I can assist parties in negotiating or litigating, if need be, a positive outcome.
- Temporary custody – Sometimes, parents are not able to care for their children because of illness, drugs or other concerns. Our office can help you establish temporary custody of a grandchild or other relative so that you can protect and give him or her stability at a time when his or her parent cannot.
Preparing Each Case For Trial
Preparation is important. We work hard to prepare each case as though it were going to trial. Our goal is always to settle matters with as little conflict as possible, it is sometimes necessary to take disputes to court. We are always fully prepared to litigate the case, when necessary.
Contact Me For Assistance
When you are confronted by difficult family law matters, my experience and skill can make a difference. To schedule an initial consultation, call my Indialantic office at 321-728-4955 or contact my office online.